Skincare needs can change drastically as we age. When we’re younger, it’s important to not strip our natural oils, and as estrogen levels change, we need to add in more hydration and elasticity.
No matter your age, there are two crucial steps to ensuring a good skincare routine:
- Sunscreen. All day, everyday. Even if sunscreen is your only step, it’s the first step in the right direction. Sun damage is the #1 cause of fine lines, dark spots, and loss of elasticity. Start wearing a daily mineral-based SPF 30+ sunscreen (even on overcast days) to prevent UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays. Brighten, soothe, and protect your skin with our age-delay triple threat, Radiance Sun Milk SPF 50+!
- Clean, natural, organic skincare. Cross-check your skincare ingredients with this list of 7 Toxic Skincare Ingredients to Avoid.
How to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 20s
“Nothing looks better in your 50s than skincare in your 20s.”
Protection and prevention are key when you’re in your 20s. Even though your skin is resilient and youthful during your 20s, an organic skincare routine is important to establish for long-term skin and body health.
Remember, skincare is a marathon, not a sprint! Here are easy tips for you to get your basics down:
- Start toning. Toners help retain water in your skin, keeping it dewy and breakout-free. Make sure your toner is free of drying alcohol or witch hazel, so you are not stripping your skin of the necessary oils it needs to keep it youthful for years to come. *Over-dehydrated skin can lead to irritation (e.g. acne, flakiness, redness). Our Lavender Toning Mist is suitable for all skin types, helping soothe inflammation and breakouts. Added bonus, the aromatherapy is wonderful for stress relief. 💜
- No time to tone + moisturize? Take 3 drops of serum or moisturizer into your palm and spritz with the toning mist. Warm between hands, pat, and press onto the skin for an on-the-go glow in a single step.
How to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 30s
“You can be gorgeous at 30... and irresistible for the rest of your life.”
Maintaining skin health is key when you are in your 30s. Emerging anti-aging in this decade can cause subtle changes to your skin’s texture, elasticity, and overall appearance.
These issues become more pronounced when your skin is dry, so be sure to add both a serum and a moisturizer to your regimen.
- Layer your beauty products from lightest to thickest consistency, like you layer winter clothing. For example, you want to apply three drops of serum directly onto the face and then follow with the Truffle Face Cream to lock in moisture. Our Carrot Rose Serum is a natural retinol that increases cell turnover and boosts collagen for velvet-smooth skin.
Now’s also a great time to begin monthly facials, like the Savor Beauty Signature Facial, for skin maintenance. You can help nature turn back the clock with exfoliation through facial peels and microdermabrasion to renew the skin.
How to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 40s
"Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research." - Carl Jung
We often hear at Savor Spa that our guests’ skin feels “dried out” at this age. Estrogen levels, which help maintain skin-plumping collagen and elastin, start to decline. Now’s the time to use ultra-hydrating ingredients to help repair the skin.
Layer a nourishing serum under your face cream to lock in moisture. Quench thirsty skin with our ultra-replenishing Hyaluronic Acid gel serum. This perfect lightweight moisture boost layers well with your favorite serum or our Truffle Face Cream.
- Accelerate skin renewal with regular exfoliation. Create a gentle daily exfoliant: mix equal parts Pearl Cleansing Cream with the Manuka Honey Mask to create a rich cleansing balm that'll buff dead skin off without stripping clean of its natural moisture.
How to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 50s
"Being fifty takes stamina and endurance that even youth doesn't offer."
By your 50s, your skin experiences slower cell turnover, decreased collagen production, and reduced elasticity. Keep your skin healthy and radiant by focusing on hydration, sun protection, and collagen-boosting skincare.
- Natural retinol like the Carrot Rose Serum is an excellent way to encourage cellular turnover with its vitamin A and beta-carotene.
- Use an eye cream with hydrating and anti-aging ingredients to address concerns like puffiness, dark circles, and crow's feet.
Our Collagen Eye Repair Duo preserves elasticity, reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and increases microcirculation.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of the Pomegranate Peptide Eye Serum to the tips of your ring fingers and gently tap around the eye area to stimulate and depuff.
- Dot the Caviar Eye Cream around the eye, and tap lightly until the serum and cream have melted into the skin, delivering collagen and Omega-3 fatty acids deep into the epidermis.
How to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 60s and Beyond
“Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art.” - Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
By your 60s, cell turnover has slowed dramatically, and skin is thinner, causing it to show fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging. Aging is a luxury that comes with wisdom, growth, and transformation; our body becomes a map of our experiences. Even if your skincare habits haven’t been optimal in the past, you can still get a radiant, dewy complexion now.
Focus on locking in moisture with nourishing, natural ingredients, and stimulating the skin to produce collagen.
- This is the time for supreme treatment of the skin, and there is no better way than to layer up! Follow this rhythm after cleansing:
- Tone to hydrate and rebalance skin pH
- Apply Pumpkin Serum to brighten dark spots
- Tone a second time to lock in moisture
- Moisture with the Truffle Face Cream
- Apply Raspberry Serum to nourish dryness
- Tap on Caviar Eye Cream to plump fine lines
Our Savor Beauty Ritual Kit makes this spa treatment easy and luxurious.