One of the most common questions we get at Savor Beauty + Spa is:
“Do I really need a toner?” The answer: YES!
Savor Beauty Toning Mists are hydrating, skin-softening, and help to restore and maintain the skin’s natural pH balance.
Read on to get the facts on how and why toning is an essential step for healthy, radiant skin.
Myth #1: You need an astringent toner to prevent breakouts.
Fact: Astringent toners contain irritating ingredients such as alcohol, acetone, and witch hazel.
These harsh ingredients strip your skin of its natural oils and can disrupt your moisture barrier. The skin reacts to this sudden moisture depletion by producing even more oil in an attempt to balance the skin, which can lead to even more breakouts.
Awarded “Best Natural Toner” by Byrdie, Savor Beauty Toning Mists are floral hydrosol waters that don’t contain any moisture-stripping ingredients.
Not sure which one is right for you? Here’s our easy guide for picking your perfect toning mist:
- Best Toner for Redness: Soothing Lavender calms + reduces redness. For all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Best Toner for Acne: Clarifying Tea Tree battles blemishes for acne-prone and oily skin types.
- Best Toner for Anti-Aging: Hydrating Rose fights signs of aging by accelerating cellular rejuvenation. Suitable for dry skin types.
- Best Toner for Normal/Combination Skin: Neroli Blossom balances sebum production for smooth skin.
- Best Toner for Travel: Rosemary Mint, in a TSA-friendly bottle, is antibacterial and refreshing. Perfect for on-the-go.
Myth #2: You have to use a cotton pad to tone.
Fact: Cotton pads and tissues are wasteful and unnecessary for toning. If you have double-cleansed properly, you won’t have any residue or debris to wipe away. Additionally, the friction caused by rubbing cotton on the skin can be abrasive, causing redness and irritation.
Save money, product, and the environment.
The majority of the product ends up getting absorbed by the pad. Get more skin benefits by applying the toner directly to your skin. Simply mist 3-5 times after cleansing.
If you use a toning mist 2 times a day, 365 days a year, not only are you saving your skin, but you are also saving 730 cotton pads. How’s that for an earth-friendly mission?
Myth #3: Men don’t need a toner.
Fact: Toners refresh the skin without irritating pores, which makes them a wonderful after-shave tonic for men.
Lightly hydrate and prevent redness by misting and patting onto skin once a day after cleansing, shaving, or exfoliating.
The Savor Beauty Lavender Toning Mist helps reduce redness while the lavender calms. It is suitable for all skin types.
Awarded "Best Natural Toner" by Byrdie
Want more skincare + self-care secrets? 💗