Noticing the leaves turn brilliant hues of yellow to red, the crisp, autumn air in my coziest scarf, and getting in the spirit of pumpkin everything—I love the autumn season! 🍂
Whether you're a pumpkin lover or a pumpkin leave-’er, I've curated a list of five ways to integrate this beloved squash into your life. Trust me–you're going to fall in love!
1. Pumpkin Skincare: Get a Lit-From-Within Glow!
Turning into a pumpkin by midnight has its beauty benefits with Savor Beauty's NEW Pumpkin Cream with Lactic Acid, the fall pumpkin skincare must-have. 🎃
This luxurious cream is packed with pumpkin's enzymatic goodness and lactic acid's exfoliating properties for deep cellular renewal.
Wake up to the most radiant, buttery-soft skin of your life–it’s just what you need to combat the drying effects of the cooler weather!
Save Up to 20% on the Pumpkin Collection
2. Pumpkin Bread: An NYT Classic With an AJK Twist
I like fuss-free baking, and this easy pumpkin bread fills the home with cozy warmth. I've tried many recipes over the years, but this New York Times classic always stands out. Plus, I've put my personal spin on it with extra spices for even more richness and in-depth fall flavor to give it that “je ne sais quoi.” Keep an eye out for my secret spice combo in the recipe below. 😉
Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Bread with Brown Butter and Bourbon
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup bourbon (or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups pumpkin purée (about a 15-ounce can)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour, 1:1)
- 1¾ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup small chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, ensuring the rack is positioned in the center.
- Grease the insides of two 8-inch loaf pans using butter or opt to line them with parchment paper.
- Brown the Butter:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, reduce the heat to medium. Continue cooking until the white froth (milk solids) descends to the pan's bottom and turns a fragrant nut-brown color. This should typically take between 5 to 7 minutes. Exercise caution as brown butter can swiftly burn.
- Tip: The browning process's peak is indicated by the subsiding bubbling sound. So, use auditory, visual, and olfactory cues to monitor the butter.
- Prepare Wet Ingredients:
- Using a glass liquid measuring cup, mix the bourbon and vanilla.
- In a spacious bowl, whisk together this bourbon mixture, pumpkin purée, eggs, and olive oil.
- Once it has cooled slightly, integrate the brown butter from the skillet into this mixture using a spatula making sure to get all of the browned bits.
- Mix Dry Ingredients:
- In another large bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, light brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves.
- Gradually introduce the dry ingredient mixture (about 1/2c at a time) to the wet ingredients and gently stir until they're well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute the batter uniformly between the two prepped loaf pans.
- Set the pans on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until an inserted tester or toothpick into the bread's center comes out clean.
- Post-baking, allow the bread to cool thoroughly in the pans. Once cooled, they're ready to be taken out and served.
Enjoy your delicious pumpkin and chocolate chip bread with the richness of brown butter and bourbon!
3. Pumpkin Decor: Beyond Bright Orange
I must confess: I’m not the biggest fan of the run-of-the-mill, bright orange, pumpkin. But last year, my spa manager stumbled upon these beauties in rose gold and cream! They were perfect for decorating in our Savor Spas. I loved them so much, I even got a few for my home to add a festive yet chic touch to my seasonal decor.
4. Pumpkin Seeds: A Crunchy Nutrition Boost
Pumpkin seeds are a deliciously easy way to add magnesium, iron, and antioxidants into your life! By throwing a handful onto salads for a nutritious and crunchy texture, they’ll add a hearty dose of zinc, essential for immunity, skin health, and vision. So the next time you're scooping out a pumpkin, think twice before discarding these tiny wonders. Roast ‘em, toast ‘em, and sprinkle away for a healthy seasonal treat!
5. Pumpkin Cocktail: A Scorpio's Sip of Seduction
Ever since I fell for a Scorpio, my world has been filled with their magnetic allure; from beloved friends to cherished members of the Savor Beauty team.
To celebrate this passionate zodiac sign, I’ve crafted a cocktail as intoxicating as their mystique. Effervescent bubbles meet the sweetness of apple cider, while a hint of cayenne adds a signature Scorpio sting.
But the true star? A decadent pumpkin spice sugar rim that’s sure to turn heads and draw praise. This drink perfectly captures the essence of Scorpio beauties so be ready for the shower of compliments on its seductive presentation. And the best part is no one will ever know how easy it was to pull this sparkle together! Recipe below.
- Chilled Prosecco
- Apple cider (preferably fresh and unfiltered for the best flavor)
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Prepping the Glass: Mix the sugar and pumpkin spice together on a flat plate. Wet the rim of your glass (using a wedge of apple or lemon). Turn the glass upside down and dip it into the pumpkin spice mixture, ensuring the rim is coated evenly.
- The Scorpio's Sting: Sprinkle a pinch (or to your preference) of cayenne pepper into the glass. Remember, a little goes a long way, so adjust according to your tolerance for heat.
- Layering Flavors: Pour apple cider into the glass until it's half full.
- Finishing Touch: Top off with chilled Prosecco, leaving some room at the top to avoid overspills.
- Stir and Serve: Gently stir to infuse the flavors. If desired, you can garnish with an apple slice or a small sprinkle of pumpkin spice on top.
This cocktail celebrating our Scorpio beauties perfectly embodies their passionate and intense nature. The subtle warmth of pumpkin spice blends with the sweet apple cider, and just like the Scorpio's mysterious allure, there's a surprise sting of pleasing spice waiting to be discovered. It's an autumnal cocktail with a fiery twist–cheers! 🥂
From skincare to fall flare, I hope you choose one (or all five!) of the fabulous ways to bring pumpkins to life in your autumn routine. 🍂 🎃
Angela Jia Kim