Hi, gorgeous. It's Angela, founder of Savor Beauty.
Our mission is to bring self-care every day to busy people.
In ancient Korean times, the outer body and spirit were considered to be one: your inner well-being and wealth were believed to reside in the heart and can be reflected in your outer being. In other words, if you're feeling stuck, it shows.
One of my favorite rituals to release emotional tension is facial rolling. Practiced for centuries by Korean women, facial rolling or massage is a core technique for promoting circulation to the skin, encouraging oxygen flow and helping to boost collagen production.
This simple joyful practice helps bring a radiant glow to the surface, while releasing tension inside.
How to Roll + Glow:
Close your eyes and pay attention to any tension in face or neck areas that are related to emotional tension. Begin rolling using the following protocol:
- Apply one drop of your Savor Beauty serum onto your forehead.
- Take the small end of the roller and massage in upward motions between the forehead. Breathe in and breathe out, asking what the tension is trying to tell you. Let it go as you relax.
- Massage the rest of the forehead with the large end of the roller.
- Apply another 1 to 2 drops of the serum onto the cheek area and roll using the large end in an upward motion.
Breathe in and breathe out, asking what the tension is trying to tell you. Let it go as you relax.
- Use the small end to massage under the eyes to increase circulation and decrease puffiness.
- Apply another 1 to 2 drops of the serum onto the neck and décolleté area and roll using the large end in an upward motion. Breathe in and breathe out, asking what the tension is trying to tell you. Let it go as you relax.
- As you roll, keep asking your tension if it has any messages for you.
- Continue the process of rolling down your shoulders.
- Write down any revelations or messages you had during the process. Is there one takeaway you can infuse into your daily life? Write it down as an affirmation on a sticky note or in your journal.
Cheers to vibrating high, finding your flow, and glowing!