Taking time for self-care during the holidays—even if it’s just a few minutes—can be challenging.
My 30-second secret? I keep our alcohol-free toner in my purse and pull it out any time I need a skin shower or spirit refresher. (The travel size fits perfectly in a clutch!)
The fun part is that you can mist others in the room to share the love, which often makes them laugh, feel good, and take a moment of refreshing self-care.
Beyond the olfactory benefits, toners have recently experienced a stunning renaissance. In the past, they contained drying alcohol or witch hazel, which can strip the pores of its youthful oil. The newer generation of toners are alcohol-free, contain nourishing ingredients that are re-balancing and hydrating to benefit all skin types.
The best types of toners are naturally-derived hydrosols that wake up your complexion, quench parched pores and provide skin-loving nutrients. These tonics are produced when flowers and plants are distilled, yielding a concentrated oil that rises to the top. The vapor that remains is the hydrosol, which contains tiny molecules of essential oil, releasing that beautiful scent and those pore-perfecting benefits.
Here are five ways I like to use this hydrating and refreshing alcohol-free toner, whether it’s the holidays or not:
- Mist face 3-5 times to balance complexion and to help moisture penetrate the skin more deeply.
- Spritz toning mist onto the face to set makeup.
- Freshen up throughout the day, before meetings or after a workout for a “skin shower.”
- Lighten up your moisturizer by spritzing it with toner before applying to the face.
- Soften a clay mask by spritzing toner on skin before taking it off.
Who’s ready to mist and be merry?