We're feeling inspired by our founder, Angela Jia Kim's, recent trip to Iceland. After soaking in the geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon and jetting to Paris shortly after, she shares with us the top 3 beauty takeaways from her travels.
1. Elevate Your Bath Ritual
You don't have to be in Nordic waters for a luxurious bathing experience. Whether at home or while traveling, here is a high-vibe bathing ritual for you, adapted from Radical Radiance.
RITUAL: Softening Spa Bath
To soften skin and soul
Time: 5-10 minutes
Ingredients: Manuka Honey Sugar Scrub
Optional upgrades: Candles, music, hot tea, essential oils, bathing oils
1. Draw a hot bath, adding 2-4 drops of essential oils and 1-2 pumps of bathing oil if you wish.
2. Standing up, apply the sugar scrub all over your body, allowing the sugar crystals to gently exfoliate your skin.
3. Soak in the hot bath, receiving the nourishment from the melted honey and sugar crystals.
4. Say some affirmations aloud such as, “I feel restored and rested” to seal in the soothing benefits of this sacred bath ritual.
Tip: Our sugar scrub also comes in a TSA-friendly size if you're on-the-go!
2. Turn Your Shower Into a Spa Sanctuary
If you don't have a bathtub or if showering is more of your thing, consider Angela's weekly in-shower exfoliation ritual to upgrade your showers into a spa sanctuary.
Ingredients: Manuka Honey Sugar Scrub, Goop Hair Detox, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel
- Use the Manuka Sugar Scrub to buff away dead skin cells for baby-soft skin.
- Massage your head with the hair detox scrub, which Angela has described as "an orgasm for the scalp."
- Apply the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, a gentle but effective 5% lactic acid resurfacing treatment with gluconic acid to increase cell turnover and collagen production. Rinse off after 3 minutes.
3. Wear a Hair Mask on Long Flights
There's no better time to do a hair mask than when you're 60,000 feet in the air. Might as well make the most of your time in the sky!
Savor Beauty Secret: Our cult-favorite Coconut-Jasmine Pre-Cleanse Oil, which is excellent for removing makeup and deeply cleansing your pores, also makes for a fantastic hair mask for hydrated, lustrous locks. It contains lauric acid, which penetrates the hair shaft to condition damaged ends. We love a multi-tasking product, especially for travel.
Ingredients: Savor Beauty Coconut-Jasmine Pre-Cleanse Oil
- Warm a quarter-sized dollop of the oil between your palms and massage into the strands of your hair, working into your scalp for extra nourishment.
- Tie your hair into a bun and let the organic, nourishing oils work their magic.
- Leave in for up for 24 hours, then rinse.
Tip: When it's time to rinse out, make sure your hair is dry when you apply shampoo. If your hair is wet upon shampoo application, you will not be able to get the oils out 100%.
Edited excerpt from RADICAL RADIANCE: by Angela Jia Kim. Copyright © 2022 by the author and reprinted with permission of St. Martin's Publishing Group.