A wonderful collagen soup to sip on or to use as a base in any recipe.
Yield: 6 cups
- 3 marrow bones
- 2 stalks of celery, quartered
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Tellicherry (black) peppercorns
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Place bones, celery, onion, garlic, vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns in a large slow cooker. Fill cooker about 2/3 full with water, covering all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 10 hours. Add more water if needed to cover bones.
- Remove large pieces, strain broth.
- Store broth in a mason jar for up to 5 days.
- Tip: Take the marrow from the bones and use it as a sauce thickener in the future--great collagen!